I used College Hunks 4 days ago in Golden Valley, MN. From beginning to end, it was possibly the best service experience I have ever had. Let me count the ways:
1) I first inquired about their service about 6 months ago a couple times as my plans developed. With each phone call, the young lady was perfect, polite and helpful, talking me through the process and giving me approximate quotes. Finally, the day came for action. They still had a record of my previous discussions and she knew the previous items for possible moving, the previous estimates, etc.
2) I made the final call and go-ahead on a Tuesday. The very next afternoon at about 4pm, the truck and two young gentlemen arrived. We talked and walked through the items to be taken and they gave me a firm price which was well within the scope of the previous estimates made by phone before. We thought we would wait until the next day, but they were ready right then and there, so we did it on the spot.
3) The two young men were incredibly polite, efficient and strong! They removed a very large refrigerator from an awful basement location as well as two large, old file cabinets, a large old bureau, large old television set and misc. other stuff. To do all this they had to remove the frig door to fit it out of a little room, carry all the items out the basement back door and all the way around the house to the truck in the driveway.
4) They had brought along padding to cover the carpeting on the basement floor to protect it. Every time they came back into the basement for another load they wiped their feet and thanked me for holding the door open......every time!
5) They both stated that they had been with College Hunks for only a few months and had not previously known each other, but they worked so well as a team you would never know it. They shared responsibilities, helped each other and were an absolute pleasure for both me and my wife to be with the whole time. They were just fine young men and great workers.
6) Finally, we were down to the last three pieces, two old stuffed chairs and an old stuffed ottoman. At the last moment the wife decided she just couldn't part with these items until she gave re-upholstering a shot! I was a little irked, but the boys took it in stride, sat down and re-worked the bill, reducing it by an appropriate amount. I was, again, amazed by their poise and temperament.
I think they were done and gone in about 1 1/2 hours, and it was one of the most amazing, pleasurable experiences for us. Some big, old stuff that we thought would be around our necks forever.....gone. I had stared at that big old frig for years, wondering how in the h.....l we were ever going to get rid of it. The "boys" were Jordan G. and Konji M. I know for sure that if and when we have more stuff to get rid of (and the possible College Hunk donation policy aspect was very appealing to us) we will go back to College Hunks and try to request them. If the other College Hunk teams are anything like Jordan and Konji, it speaks really well of that corporate environment and discipline.
Prompt and extremely professional! They did not stop working from the time they arrived at my old place until they left my new house. Combined with thier already very reasonable hourly rate this was a very affordable move. I also appreciate the mission behind this company, being a recent college graduate myself and knowing the frusteration of trying to find short-term employment, it is wonderful to see someone helping young people get on their feet. Worth every penny.
Logan and Travis are amazing workers! They were helpful, courteous and effecent. I would use this service for moving in house items again. I was impressed from the moment I spoke with Nick on the phone to set up this job.