A bit less expensive, $479 for one living room of furniture, I felt was a bit much. Inform customers that it would be wise to have a rep out to evaluate cost. Average individual may not estimate appropriately and at time of move has no alternative, (as in my case).
All the college hunks were amazing; communicated well, careful, on time, and pleasant.
1. Why was the estimate so far off from actual? A very full two-car garage was estimated at two truckloads; the actual was 5.5 truckloads! This is a shocking difference in quantity and cost!
2. Please call at the beginning of every day on a multi-day project, so the customer knows what is going on and feels well-informed. Please also confirm completion.
3. Suggestion: send photos of before, during and after clean-up project.
The constant assurances that they will be arriving on time. I had others scheduled to arrive directly after and therefore needed the movers in and out as promised. They delivered and it truly was a stress free experience. Nice guys too!
1. I liked that I could use your web site to do my own estimate of the cost. As it turns out, my estimate was exactly the same as the price quoted by your Team Leader.
2. I liked the text message reminder that I received.
3. I liked that the boss called me to let me know there would be a slight delay due to the stormy weather..I believe in safety first, too!
4. The whole process once your team arrived went flawlessly, and I was greatly impressed by the efficiency of the team. They were in and out in 15 minutes. One note: they should put their names on the invoice somewhere so I could acknowledge them personally.
5. The team was genuinely concerned about keeping the inside of the house clean.
6. The truck was clean and seemed to be in good working order.
7. The team presented a professional appearance: clean uniforms, well-groomed, and articulate.
This was a very pleasant experience. Should the need arise, I will absolutely consider using College Hunks again.
Moved furniture quickly
I appreciated how they gave me a quote before they moved my furniture
Clean and did not leave a mess in my apartment
Called and kept in good contact about timing of pick up
I felt I did my homework prior to my appointment. I went to your website and spoke to two different reps by phone. Whereas I understand quotes cannot be made by phone, I was given a window of $190 to $380. That is the reason we set up a pick up. I realize we were under no obligation to continue with pick up but having said that it was troubling to us that in no time at all we were looking at $380 at the minimum. The movers said that you can rarely count on the phone reps for accuracy.
The guys were nice and did their best to get it in at half a truck. I might suggest you supply your crew with shoe covers that offer traction as well as protection as the mud they brought with them created quite a clean up effort on my part after they left. They did offer to move the items without their shoes on but that seemed less then safe to me.
I would use the company again but not before I was more educated on the fees. My suggestion is to get your phone reps and crew members on the same page to avoid such disappointment and confusion.
When I called for a quote I was told that a full truck would be about $390 (I can't remember the exact number but it was in the high 300's.) I was also told that they regularly haul away brush piles, which is what I had. When the truck came, they said a full truck would be $590. I finally agreed to see what 1/6 of a truck would get, which was hardly anything at all. There was, of course, lots of air between branches; it was hardly packed down but I was told they did the best they could do. They also told me they don't usually haul brush piles. And one of the drivers began to have an asthma attack as I was asking them to try to fit more in, so I just paid ($240!!) and let them go. I feel absolutely cheated and will not recommend this service to anyone I know.
I'd feel righted if more of my brush was hauled away at the original quote: about $390 for a full truck and $180 for 1/2 truck. Or, if the company had just been honest that this is not their thing and they have no way of getting large brush piles to fit in their trucks.