Personal training, attentive trainer who is concerned about any health problems , aches or pains and works around any issues. Great results ! I feel stronger and healthier. Plus I also do some of the exercises at home in between my training appointments. Which my trainer recommended.
I appreciate the support and encouragement that is provided each time you are there. The trainers at Fitness Together Lynnfield are passionate about what they do and are dedicated to helping you succeed with your physical, as well as nutritional needs. I always appreciate that their focus is on you 100% during your session. They change up the exercises to keep it fresh, yet, are still addressing the areas you need. They model how to do each exercise as many times as you need and also explain how the exercise will help you strengthen a particular skill. During this holiday season, I am THANKFUL for the Fitness Together Trainers at Lynnfield! I would highly recommend this facility!
My FT Lynnfield Journey
I had just retired, three months before turning 67. The last three years of my career involved a lot of traveling and when not traveling, a long commute to and from work. This left little time or energy for exercise. Prior to that job, I had exercised fairly regularly starting in my late 20’s, with some interruptions due to job changes, particularly after my mid-fifties. At the point of my retirement, I was not in good shape; not terrible, but overweight by my standards and had pain in shoulders and knees due to arthritis. Now that I was retired, I was anxious to get back in shape.
My past experience with exercise was largely at fitness facilities that had group classes, exercise machines, and free weights. My preference was group classes, with some focused on aerobic activity, others on strength training. I had never gone to a personal trainer. In retrospect, personal training was the best thing for me at that time in my life. There are several reasons why.
• I was out of shape, and personal training let me start slow with manageable goals and much lower risk of injury than would have been likely had I gone back to group classes.
• Lower risk of injury noted in my first point is key. While I had ‘good’ muscle soreness at times after a challenging workout, I never experienced an injury from any of my sessions.
• The trainers at FT always considered physical limitations in my knees and shoulder when putting together my exercise plan. As a result, I gained mobility and strength in those weak areas.
• The variation and progression in the sessions was more than I could have hoped for. I always had a great feeling of accomplishment after each session. This point is very important because boredom or feelings of disappointment in your workout are big impediments to sticking with a fitness regimen.
• The trainers at FT helped me with workouts I could do at home to supplement my sessions with them.
• Lost about 15 pounds and significantly increased tone in my body. I was able to fit into clothes I hadn’t worn in several years. I was going to give the clothes away and was surprised and delighted to discover they now fit!
• Discontinued one BP drug.
• Increased mobility – much easier to stand up from a prone position
• Increased strength and confidence
Comments on management and staff:
• The facility is well managed, clean, and has a variety of equipment. Dina does a great job managing staff and scheduling.
• Staff is awesome – knowledgeable, friendly, and professional
In closing, I highly recommend FT in Lynnfield. I am confident that your experience will be as positive as mine as long as you are willing to work hard, listen to the trainers, and are prepared to have some fun!