The process of obtaining a mortgage is a difficult, stressful adventure. Skye helped make the process as painless as it could be. She is pleasant, addressed questions very promptly - even off hours, and always thorough. I had looked at my credit union for a loan but after my first interaction with Skye, decided to go with her. I'm glad I did. Also, kudos to Maria who stayed late periodically to make sure details were addressed, and also was pleasant and thorough.
TL;DR version: highly professional service and friendly staff, got us our mortgage at a great rate and closed on time with no hassles or surprises
Below is the long version of why we chose John Adams for our home mortgage.
My wife and I (first-time home buyers) originally went with Bank of America for our home loan. We're both so-called "platinum" members of BoA and were told that we would be given the highest service due to our membership status. This did not turn out to be the case at all. The loan officer at BoA was highly unprofessional and impatient with us. Main examples include:
1) Not returning our calls or responding to our emails in a timely manner (timely in this case is a week which is more than reasonable for the kinds of questions we had)
2) Getting impatient with us when we called him back in order to ask questions about our loan
3) Being handed over to another loan specialist who was not familiar with the terms of our preliminary loan agreement right before we were about to sign with them
Overall, BoA left a very bad taste in our mouths and we would never do business with them if we can avoid it.
Towards the end of our headache with BoA, we contacted John Adams for a home loan inquiry. Their staff, in particular Skye and Maria, gave us the complete opposite treatment from BoA right from the beginning. I'm not sure how to even begin writing down all the things they did except to say they made us, first-time home buyers:
1) Feel knowledgeable about the whole process
2) Kept us up to date with all the major and minor deadlines along the way
3) Responded to our (often times repeated) questions/concerns by phone and email within a day (this is better service than people generally receive from any given company!)
4) Got us a rate that was competitive with BoA
Hands down, we would do business again with John Adams and would definitely recommend the team at John Adams to any potential home buyers.