It's been very helpful for understanding concepts in a smaller setting than the classroom. Great for getting homework under control, especially with Common Core which is difficult for parents to get right.
Our tutor Andre at Mathnasium was excellent! He not only helped our daughter master the concepts she was struggling with in high school Algebra in just a few short weeks but boosted her confidence as well and she was able to raise her grade.
- the flexibility of letting the kids either use Mathnasium's worksheets, or go through their own homework;
- the flexibility to come at any time the center is open;
- that the curriculum follows the common core, which emphasizes the school curriculum, rather than push some other proprietary 'method' that parents cannot support at home;
- the great teachers at the center;
- that the center is professionally and responsibly managed; and finally,
- that my child LOVES going to Mathnasium!
My son started in the summer of 5th grade , had a lot of exposure to the different levels of math at middle school and thanks to mathnasium the transition was very smooth and it helped him stay on the top of the course at school .The flexibility of time and days is another great feature and also the weekend option. He also continued for 8th grade summer for additional help with his rigorous geometry course , the patient and experienced instructors got him thorough with the concepts , homework help and test preps .I really appreciate Divya' s guidance to the parents and students .