We like mathnasium very much for our son. We like how it is oncentive based, like real life, and that it's not a one size fits all program. Our son actually looks forward to coming in. Only thing is that a few times his homework has come home checked as correct when actually some answers were in fact wrong. So not sure if the teachers are really going over them closely.
- My kids enjoy and hardly ever complain about going to Mathnasium
- Their skills in math are improving as is their level of confidence in math
- Great communication between center and parents
- Excellent connections between teachers and students
- Terrific incentives for students to work harder
- Use of IXL for homework works wonderfully
My son has improved so much this year thanks to Mathnasium in Newton. And more important is the fact that now he is happy when he has to do math (when he couldn't stand it at the beginning of the year). Thanks!
I just put my son to take this classes and he is very enthusiastic going every Friday. the teacher are focused in each students and what exactly they need to improve. I really recommend this math class.
I have experienced other similar math learning centers and I can say with confidence that Mathnasium is far better. The biggest advantage is personalized teaching along with willingness to alter based on the student's abilities. Also, the feedback provided to parents is good and much appreciated.